Certain certifications boost your marketability on the market, boosting your salary range and providing you with a way to climb up the financial ladder. Forbes says security-related certifications mean you can expect to take home as much as $17,000 more than the salary every year. In the same vein, Citrix certifications can lead to salary ranges of between $99,41 and $105,086 every year while the median salary hits at $102,365. In addition, the AWS certified Solutions Architect associate can expect a median pay of about $125,091.
All the numbers point to one thing: certifications can improve your job prospects and give you the skills you need to stay marketable against your competition. As more and more join the job market every year, there’s a need to make sure you have the skills companies need. Here’s a look at 15 certifications to consider if you want to make 2017 your year:
- CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control): Ninety-six percent of people with this credential keep their certifications current. However, with the market’s huge demand for employees with this qualification, demand is bigger than the supply. That’s one reason why salaries are skyrocketing this year.
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager): The CISM certification recognizes one’s proficiency in managing information security. It’s ideal for IT professionals in the field who design, assess and manage information security for companies and businesses, says The Balance.
- CWNA certification: Certified Wireless Network Administrator is a type of neutral certification for vendors. It focuses on wireless LAN technology and skills as well as know-how on how to operate and make the most out of that technology. With CWNA certification trainingthrough certification courses from reliable training providers like Koenig, acquiring this certification should be easy.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect: This certification is designed to recognize an individual’s proficiency and expertise in designing as well as executing scalable systems on AWS. Like CWNA certification training, you can easily achieve a professional certification solution with the right training. With more than 10,000 certified people in the market, demand is far outpacing the supply in the global talent pool, driving salaries even higher.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): This is all about proving an individual’s expertise with security systems. Like most security-related credentials, demand is extremely high, making this one of the most sought-after qualifications in the industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP): This is one of the most recognized project management certifications around. If you want to improve your talents in this area, this is one certification you might want to aim for.
- Citrix Certified associate – virtualization. This is another certification to watch out for. The certification covers management and maintenance along with troubleshooting. It’s ideal for desktop and application administrators, the ChannelCo says. Since this replaced the Citrix XenDesktop certifications that were finally retired last July 2015 and July 2016, it’s a safe bet that demand for the certification will continue to rise.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor or CISA. If you have a career in auditing or monitoring IT or business systems, this is one of the best kinds of certification for you. The certification also covers monitoring and control of IT or business systems. To date, there are about 126,000 people certified, which makes for a tight talent pool.
- ITIL v3 Foundation. This is a popular framework used in IT management. If you want to learn all about aligning services to the needs of an organization, this is the certification course you’ll want to undertake. All you’ll need to do is pass the exam too. There aren’t any prerequisite courses required.
- VMare Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization. Already VMare’s oldest certification to date, it’s also about the basics of management, administration and deployment of vCetnter as well as ESXi.
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking. Also known as CCA-N, this was the certification that took the place of Citrix Certified Administrator or CCA. It’s about the implementation of NetScales Gateway and does not require the CCA-N since it focuses more on the load balancing and traffic management as well as other engineering tasks in the network.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. This is set to be replaced by the MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification by March of 2017. It covers basic skills necessary to keep a modern data center up and running.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate. Focuses on skills necessary for server administration tasks and configuration of network and directory infrastructure.
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional or CCNP. The only Cisco-related certification on the list, it demonstrates one’s expertise with Cisco switch and router planning. Installation, configuration and even troubleshooting tasks are also included.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate. All about server administration task competency and one of the certifications you need if you want to undertake the MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.